1820: Hawaiian royalty granted missionaries land at Kawaiahao for their residence, and native Hawaiian laborers built thatched houses for them.
July 21, 1842: Four-thousand to five-thousand attendees, including King Kamehameha III, attended the dedication ceremonies.
Articles from Chronicling America
The Pacific commercial advertiser., December 12, 1894, Image 1
“How It Began: The Early History of Kawaiahao”
The Pacific commercial advertiser., August 14, 1900, Page 5, Image 5
“Diamond Jubilee of Kawaiahao Church: The Seventy-Five Years of Labor Here”
The Pacific commercial advertiser., December 03, 1900, Image 1
“Hawaii’s Temple of the Faith: Church Kawaiahao as a Memorial Abbey”
The Pacific commercial advertiser., April 19, 1902, Image 1
“Kawaiahao Is Given a Site for Parsonage: Hiram Bingham Asks to Assist the Good Work Which Was Started by His Father”
The Pacific commercial advertiser., August 31, 1903, Image 1
“Body of Hawaii’s Queen Rests in State; Hundreds Pay Tribute”
Honolulu star-bulletin., November 13, 1917, 3:30 Edition, Image 2